Featured Post

I've been practicing my ladder stitch. It's a sewing method used to repair seams invisibly. I have used this stitch many times on qu...

Friday, April 21, 2017

I'm always happy when I find new orphan blocks to rescue. I got three in the mail from ebay that were intriguing. Here is one but the three are the same design with some variation in the fabrics.



I had a couple of ideas for making them into decorative items. The first is
framing them in a three part frame. Not sure I could find one though.

So I decided to make one into a pillow. I appliqued the block onto bleached muslin. Then I added centered a small lace round into the center and added buttons from my ridiculous collection. Here is how it turned out.


I left the center scallops unattached and nestled some buttons under the edges so the entire space would be filled. After that, I opted to tack the scallops at the corners. I used pre-made piping that I was able to find in yellow.  The round pillow form is from Joann's. I like the effect.








No comments:

Post a Comment