Featured Post

I've been practicing my ladder stitch. It's a sewing method used to repair seams invisibly. I have used this stitch many times on qu...

Friday, September 2, 2016

There is a pack of 20, 36 piece blocks that I got somewhere. I need to do better with documentation!
I kept playing with the blocks, trying to make a bigger piece from them. When nothing seemed to make sense, I finally decided to make a small quilt from just 4 of the blocks. Originally, I thought it would be a nice doll quilt, with the pink plaid pieces repeated in each block, so I backed it in pink. There wasn't enough pink for binding so I opted for white. The quilting is simple, diagonal lines crossing the pieces. You can see it in the close up picture. The finished quilt is 15.5 by 15.5 inches. I may use it on a table instead but with granddaughters coming soon, it may get moved to the doll crib anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment