Featured Post

I've been practicing my ladder stitch. It's a sewing method used to repair seams invisibly. I have used this stitch many times on qu...

Saturday, September 3, 2016

In an earlier post I mentioned four crazy quilt blocks. They're roughly 14 inches square and made from a variety of fabrics foundation pieced onto either hardanger cloth or felt. There is quite a bit of embroidery on all of them. I added more and embroidered the seams when I sewed them together.
I backed the strip of four blocks and added tabs at the top. The tabs will allow me to hang the piece on our fireplace mantle. It looked like this.
Since I took this picture, I have added more embroidery and some lace. I felt that the aqua pieces were too bright so I toned down that color a bit. The revised and finished mantle quilt looks like this now.

No comments:

Post a Comment