Featured Post

I've been practicing my ladder stitch. It's a sewing method used to repair seams invisibly. I have used this stitch many times on qu...

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Well, I have rethought the plan to make the snowball and stars quilt into a square. I called it four pointed star in an earlier post before I realized my mistake. It's much more conducive to a small twin bed quilt. I do need to decide how to finish the edges. It feels to me like it does not need a border.
Here's a picture:

80 by 52 inches
The muslin is very light and very clean. The hand piecing is fairly even so I won't be picking out any seams. The row at the top is unfinished so I will remove it. 5 rows from the top, half of the seam is unfinished. Since the rest of the quilt is hand pieced, I will hand sew the seam as best I can. The next step will be to find suitable backing, I'll let you know how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment