Featured Post

I've been practicing my ladder stitch. It's a sewing method used to repair seams invisibly. I have used this stitch many times on qu...

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

The embellishment of the Dresden plate block continues. I'm having fun both making up and remembering stiches I've seen. Actually, I believe that most of what I think I'm making up is just a variation of patterns I've seen somewhere else. As I age, I become more and more convinced that nothing is really new anymore; it's all just a version of something else. I like looking at embroidered designs in magazines about quilting or any kind of handwork. Usually, I can't find the pictures or directions when I have the opportunity to work, so I kind of wing it. Maybe I just need to get things organized into a system that allows retrieval conveniently! I'm also deciding about the centers since the original plates didn't have anything appliqued in the center. Should I add something? Or leave them open? Here are a couple more blades that have been finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment