Featured Post

I've been practicing my ladder stitch. It's a sewing method used to repair seams invisibly. I have used this stitch many times on qu...

Tuesday, July 19, 2016



Quilt Expo in Madison, Wisconsin, is a great event. This year I'll be involved as a lecturer on the topic of making treasures from cast-offs. By cast-offs I mean unfinished quilt tops and orphan blocks.
I've been a collector on the cheap of old quilts, pieces and blocks and unquilted tops in almost any condition for 45 years.
I have assembled a trunk show of the treasures I've made. Some are framed blocks, embellished or not. Some are rebuilt quilt tops. Some are quilt pieces and tops made into useful pieces for the home. My lecture includes a handout of tips and techniques for working with older fabric pieces, old thread, color runs and how to strengthen blocks so they can be used in decorative and useful quilted pieces.
I'd love to see you there. If you haven't been to the Quilt Expo, you'll be amazed at the high quality of the experience and the amazing opportunities available during it's run. http://quiltexpo.com/  for tickets and information.

No comments:

Post a Comment